Saturday 18 December 2010

Seasons Greetings

       It's this time of year that I look back over the last 12 months.... how fast it has flown by.... and what a great time I am having at this stage of my life.  Part of the joy are my textile friends and those I meet through teaching.  I have been lucky again this year to have such had inspiring students. Before the year ends,  I wanted to share class photos and art/textile work from some of the groups that I have had the pleasure to teach.  A big thanks to them for letting me show their work.
This is only a very small selection.......... Quite wonderful!!
Cowslip Workshops and Quilt Shop, Launceston, Cornwall
Quilt Canada - CQA conference Calgary - bound sketchbook and Art to Stitch classes
West Dean College, Chichester - Imagery in stitched textiles
Roseland Mews workshop - Mixed Messages
Quilter's Guild Museum, York -  Art to Stitch workshop
Quilt Time textile group in Sheffield - Colour and Imagery in Stitch
Teaching to textile groups in Ottawa and Montreal
      It was also great to teach and lecture to other quilt, textile and embroidery groups around the country including FabBeads, Torquay, Missenden Abbey Summer school, Festival of Quilts and Farncombe Estates in the Cotswolds.

      This year was indeed special - In conjunction with the Quilts 1700-2010 exhibition at the
Victoria and Albert Museum in London,  I had the opportunity to teach a class during the event -
'Digital Imagery in Stitched Textiles'.  Students found photographic inspiration from the Ceramics and Glass galleries, we took photos, downloaded images into Photoshop, black and white and colour photocopies were collaged together and the composition then scanned., printed and
heat transferred onto cloth for stitch.
These are some of my collage samples.
All in all, a very full year.  2011 promises to be just as interesting with teaching in the UK, Europe, 
Festival of Quilts and a trip to Australia in the spring, at Fibre Arts  Forum and for other textile groups in Australia.   I will keep you posted... Until then....

 Enjoy the holidays and thanks for reading.

Please note that all images on this site are fully protected by copyright law and no image may be reproduced in whole or in part without the written permission of the artist. 
Links to many of these workshop venues can be found on my website  www.sandrameech.com







2 comments:

  1. So great to see you on the blog site, Sandra.
    I blog but only with my digital art work... don't have time for the other stuff!!
    http://fibreartscollage.blogspot.com/
    Will look forward to seeing what you have to say over the coming months.
    Have a very Happy Christmas and a fabulous 2011.
    Love,
    Glenys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a 2011 full of creativity and ideas.
    Felice 2011.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete